blogs, archives & etc.
- Aaron Krerowicz, ‘Flip Side Beatles’
- AlphaBeaticles (Jamie Osborne)
- And in the End by Rob Sheffield
- A Vote for McCartney by Paul Levinson
- booksbeatles (Instagram; Beatles Books | Joe Wisbey)
- Find My Way: Expert’s in Depth Analysis by brummelliana
- George Harrison Stories
- God, Love, Pain & Identity: How Three Relationships Forged the Three Most Human Albums of 1970 by Kyle Driscoll
- Hey Dullblog
- Mistaking their want and our need: Yoko Ono, stan culture and internalised misogyny by Chloe ♡
- Revisiting the Beatles’ Cartoon LSD Utopia Yellow Submarine by Charles Bramesco
- SOMETHING NEW: The Beatlefan Blog
- The Beatles (1979) by Greil Marcus
- The Betrayal of John Lennon by Vicki Sheff
- The Day the Music Died by Vicki Sheff
- The Historian and The Beatles
- The Power Of Framing: John and Paul by About This Girl
- These Are the Best Beatles Books
- They May Be Parted
- Why the Beatles Broke Up by Mikal Gilmore
- Yes, She’s A Witch: Why I Admire Yoko Ono by Chloe ♡
- 64 Reasons To Celebrate Paul McCartney by Ian Leslie
fanfiction rec lists
John Lennon / Paul McCartney
- Barrow, Tony. John, Paul, George, Ringo and Me. 2005.
- Barrow, Tony. Paul McCartney: Now And Then. 2006.
- Boyd, Pattie. Wonderful Tonight: George Harrison, Eric Clapton, and Me. 2008.
- Bramwell, Tony. Magical Mystery Tours: My Life with the Beatles. 2005.
- Braun, Michael. Love Me Do! The Beatles’ Progress. 1964.
- Brown, Craig. One Two Three Four: The Beatles in Time. 2020.
- Brown, Peter. The Love You Make: An Insider’s Story of the Beatles. 1983.
- Carlin, Peter Ames. Paul McCartney: A Life. 2009.
- Coleman, Ray. Lennon: The Definitive Biography. 1985.
- Coleman, Ray. McCartney: Yesterday and Today. 1996.
- Coleman, Ray. The Man who Made the Beatles: An Intimate Biography of Brian Epstein. 1989.
- Davies, Hunter. The Beatles: The Authorised Biography. 1968.
- DiLello, Richard. The Longest Cocktail Party. 1972.
- Doggett, Peter. You Never Give Me Your Money: The Battle for the Soul of the Beatles. 2009.
- Doyle, Tom. Man on the Run: Paul McCartney in the 1970s. 2013.
- Du Noyer, Paul. Conversations with McCartney. 2015.
- Emerick, Geoff. Here, There and Everywhere: My Life Recording the Music of the Beatles. 1969.
- Epstein, Brian. A Cellarful of Noise. 1964.
- Fast, Julius. The Beatles – The Real Story. 1968.
- Fields, Danny. Linda McCartney. 2000.
- Geller, Debbie. In My Life: The Brian Epstein Story. 2000.
- Giuliano, Geoffrey. Blackbird: The Life and Times of Paul McCartney. 1991.
- Giuliano, Geoffrey. Two Of Us: John Lennon & Paul McCartney Behind the Myth. 1999.
- Goldman, Albert. The Lives of John Lennon. 1988.
- Gould, Jonathan. Can’t Buy Me Love. 2007.
- Green, John. Dakota Days. 1983.
- Hagan, Joe. Sticky Fingers: The Life and Times of Jann Wenner and Rolling Stone Magazine. 2017.
- Harrison, George. I, Me, Mine. 1980.
- Johns, Glyn. Sound Man: A Life Recording Hits with The Rolling Stones, The Who, Led Zeppelin, the Eagles , Eric Clapton, the Faces . . .. 2015.
- Lennon, Cynthia. A Twist of Lennon. 1978.
- Lennon, Cynthia. John. 2005.
- Lennon, John. In His Own Write. 1964.
- Lewisohn, Mark. The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions: The Official Story of the Abbey Road Years. 1988.
- Lewisohn, Mark. Tune In: The Beatles: All These Years, Volume 1. 2013.
- MacDonald, Ian. Revolution in the Head: The Beatles’ Records and the Sixties. 1994.
- Martin, George. Summer of Love: The Making of Sgt. Pepper. 1969.
- McCartney, Paul. Blackbird Singing – Poems and Lyrics, 1965–2001. 2002.
- McNab, Ken. And in the End: The Last Days of the Beatles. 2019.
- Miles, Barry. Paul McCartney: Many Years From Now. 1997.
- Mills, Richard. The Beatles and Fandom: Sex, Death and Progressive Nostalgia. 2019.
- Norman, Philip. John Lennon: The Life. 2008.
- Norman, Philip. Paul McCartney: A Life. 2016.
- Norman, Philip. Shout!: The Beatles in Their Generation. 1981.
- O’Dell, Chris. Miss O’Dell: My Hard Days and Long Nights with the Beatles, the Stones, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, and the Women They Loved. 2009.
- O’Mahony, Sean. The Beatles Book. 1963-2003.
- O’Toole, Kit. Songs We Were Singing: Guided Tours Through the Beatles’ Lesser-Known Tracks. 2015.
- Pang, May. Loving John. 1983.
- Quantick, David. Revolution: The Making of The Beatles’ White Album. 2002.
- Rodriguez, Robert. Revolver: How the Beatles Re-Imagined Rock ‘n’ Roll. 2012.
- Salewicz, Chris. McCartney. 1986.
- Sandford, Christopher. McCartney. 2005.
- Schwartz, Francie. Body Count. 1972.
- Sheffield, Rob. Dreaming the Beatles: The Love Story of One Band and the Whole World. 2017.
- Shenk, Joshua Wolf. Powers of Two: Finding the Essence of Innovation in Creative Pairs. 2014.
- Shepherd, Billy. The True Story of the Beatles. 1964.
- Shotton, Pete. The Beatles, Lennon, and Me. 1984.
- Sounes, Howard. Fab: An Intimate Life of Paul McCartney. 2010.
- Spitz, Bob. The Beatles: The Biography. 2005.
- Starr, Ringo. Postcards from the Boys. 2004.
- Taylor, Derek. As Time Goes By. 1973.
- Weber, Erin Torkelson. The Beatles and the Historians: An Analysis of Writings About the Fab Four. 2016.
- Wenner, Jann S. Lennon Remembers. 1971.
- Williams, Allan. The Man who Gave the Beatles Away. 1975.
- Womack, Kenneth. Solid State: The Story of “Abbey Road” and the End of the Beatles. 2019.
John Lennon / Paul McCartney
Stand by Me by Penny Lane and Jenny Wren [complete]
Summary: John survives.
Widow by abromeds [26k+, complete, major character death]
Summary: If Paul had died in 1980 instead of John; and how John deals with that.
Summer Rose by chanderson [25k+, incomplete]
Summary: John and Paul rekindle their relationship late summer 1980. John’s feeling lost, and Paul’s missing him in more ways than one.
i said something wrong by frogchorus [2k+, wip]
Summary: In 1965, The Beatles performed on the ‘Blackpool Night Out’. It’s fairly well recorded that John and Paul had an argument pre-show, and this fic explores that.
new york woman by peculiar_mademoiselle [series, 5k+, wip]
Summary: A series of loosely related one shots about Yoko Ono.
Having Coffee by dornfelder [16k+, complete]
Summary: In a world where Mark Chapman doesn’t shoot John Lennon, the Beatles reunite in 1982. In 1983, John and Paul are outed by the tabloid press. / It’s 2020, and two journalists are on their way to meet them in their home in Central London.
six hours in august by stonedlennon [15k+, complete]
Summary: John bumps into Paul at a gay bar in New York. They try to forget each other. August, 1979.
Tessellate by cloudy_blue [5k+, complete]
Summary: 1962; 1964; 1968. Cynthia reflects on her husband’s relationship with Paul.
I Still Miss Someone / I Know That I Miss You but I Don’t Know Where I Stand by RosalindBeatrice [series, 64k+, wip]
Summary: It’s 1976 and Paul keeps showing up on John’s doorstep with a guitar. Eventually John turns him away and Paul goes off to sulk in his hotel room the night before his flight from New York. Based on real events.
Throw the Wine by Savageandwise [51k+, wip]
Summary: “But you realise that you’re in real life, and you don’t split up a beautiful thing with a beautiful thing.” -Paul McCartney / Or do you?
Cutting Water with a Knife by Savageandwise [5k+, complete]
Summary: John and Paul’s relationship through May’s eyes.
Opposites by Selena [4k+, complete]
Summary: On bargaining with your husband’s former partner, losing and gaining, war and peace, and the difference between art and a child. Eleven glimpses at and by Yoko Ono.
Love there that’s sleeping by Selena [4k+, complete]
Summary: George and Paul through the years.
Sean Lennon / James McCartney
The Song Stuck in my Head by Savageandwise [14k+, wip]
Summary: Sean and James examine their fathers’ relationship and their own.